Monday, July 20, 2009

R.I.P.

My parents were talking together a few moments ago, and because I was sitting about a metre away, I naturally listened.



My father was talking to the year 12 co-ordinator of Winthrop Baptist College today. My dad was asked whether or not he heard about the death of the teacher at WBC. He HAD heard about it, so he asked for more information about it.



Belinda Oeij was 26 years old, and 28 weeks pregnant. She was getting stomach pains, so she went to her doctor. He wasn't sure what was wrong, so they conducted a surgery.



They discovered that part of her intestine had already died and rotted, and could not function anymore. There was nothing at all that they could do to save her, but they could save the baby.



She had only three hours left to tell all of her family. Only three hours.



Her baby is in Intensive Care now.



When I heard this, I felt heart broken, and I don't even know who this person is. So sad.

1 comment:

  1. She goes to my church @ The Rocks. Come to the Rocks sometime :) She was a great woman of God.

    ReplyDelete